The Walls Are Exposed! ….What Are You Going To Do?
Have you done a self-assessment lately? Have you inspected your emotions, actions and reactions to see where walls are hiding in your life? If not, maybe you should? Why? Because walls do more than protect. Walls can block you in. They can block you out. They can cause you to become stuck. They can cloud your view. They can hinder your ability to see beyond. They can remind you of past troubles; and cause you to park in an avenue of defeat. Walls can even encumber upon your hearing the Spirit of The Lord. With that said; do you see how everyone needs a periodic probing to expose walls?
Some time ago, I wrote a blog post entitled, “How Many Invisible Walls Hinder Your Progress?” Since that time, many invisible walls in my life came forth.. With each discovery, one question continuously comes to my mind. It is, “Now that the walls are exposed, what are you going to do?”
That perpetual question triggers more questions. Such as; “Now that you’ve realized some of the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical walls in your life, what are you going to do to squash them? Now that you’ve deciphered between the walls of protection and the walls that hinder, what are you going to do?
Well, first we all must realize that it’s the Lord who shines light on walls in our lives. And, we have to come to terms with the fact that we have walls. So many of us are in denial about walls; especially those of us who profess Christianity. Oh yes we do! We say, “I’m as free as a bird.” We quote John 8:36, “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” (KJV)
Yes, we are free. Yet, when we refuse to consider that hindering walls may exist, it stops us from seeing where and how they wreak havoc in our lives. Once you discover the key to their temporary victory; you will see how they are falling. You will also be warned to prevent them from setting up shop again.
Some walls and their effects….
- The enemy may haves bombarded you with taunts that caused you to erect walls. Those pseudo protectors cause you to unknowingly handle everyone icy, and with an edge of distance. But as you grow stronger in the Lord, and in knowing who you are in God, the love of God consumes your heart. Those chilling walls start melting; and thereby losing their stronghold.
- No longer will I sit here receiving the enemy’s ploy that I am so involved in ministry at my church, because it’s all I have to do. Those tormenting thoughts, fueled by a wall of pride, will have you backing away from ministry. But no! “Ministry is not all I have TO DO. Ministry, and serving in the assignments God has given me IS WHAT I DO.”
- Walls of rehearsing binding statements from those who mean me no good are no longer impenetrable. There was a time when I allowed certain people’s negative comments to affect my mind so, until I took that stuff home with me. But no more! Knowing who I am in God has helped me to stand on 2 Corinthians 10:5, “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (KJV)
- Prisons of familiarity – sometimes we build them for ourselves. But how do we spring beyond them? What are our well-known comforts that we falsely believe are our happiness? What dat-a-do routines block our view of the blue skies and experiences awaiting beyond the walls?
I asked my oldest son the question, “Do you know what the hindering walls are in your life? If so, now that you know what they are, what are you going to do about it?”
- Without hesitation, he said, “I read in Ecclesiastes, that all things are vanity. I used to believe that nothing was important. But I had to get to the point that everything is not really unimportant. Otherwise I will never want anything.”
- What he had, was an epiphany that something has to mean something to him. He said that he’s learning what’s important. He also said that, once upon a time, having intercourse with multiple women was important to him. But now he’s at a point in his life where that’s unimportant. His walls of being empty and shallow fell as he realized what’s important.
My friends, I know through experience that a consistent prayer life weeds out walls. Your realizing that you were fearfully and wonderfully made by God, pushes them out of hiding.. A solid relationship with the Lord helps you to decide what’s there to help and what’s there to frustrate your purpose. Hindering walls fall when you walk in obedience and know the power of God in you.
Here are some questions to consider during your quiet time:
- Have any hidden walls in your life been uncovered?
- How did you realize they were there?
- Which ones are beneficial?
- Which ones are hindrances?
- Have you done anything to get rid of the hindering walls?
- What did you do about the ones that were bothersome?
- What steps has the Lord showed you to take so that you can walk in freedom?
- Do you have a place where you can be authentic?
- Who or what do you trust with that part of yourself?
- Do you have a safe place to just be?
Thank you for joining me today. Let me know your thoughts. I’d love to hear from you. We’ll talk soon.
Originally posted 2016-08-29 23:56:01.